BOOMDANCE BOOMDANCE

I feel kind of bad giving this a low rating. But I have some criticisms.

The mix is pretty bad, definitely needs some EQ'ing, level balancing and side chaining. The kick and clap don't really come through the mix at all and the bass is incredibly muddy. Doing some of the things I said should help at least a bit.

The synths also sound pretty weak. Maybe simple EQ'ing and compression might fix it but I'd suggest spending more time on them.

I'd also recommend experimenting with panning more. Hi hats typically sound good panned to the left and try moving the synths around a bit. Keeping the bass and kick in the center always.

I also feel that there isn't much variety here and the song just kind of ends unexpectedly.
But if you put more work and time into it this could definitely get better.
It's all just about time, effort and experimenting. Keep going this definitely has potential.

LLCALIREP responds:

Thank you very much for your time I appreciate it I'll work hard to get better since I just started too but definitely I will try to make it better and take into consideration what you said.:) and don't worry I welcome criticism.

VDAAN - "Air is Heavy Here" VDAAN - "Air is Heavy Here"

Really good stuff. Really solid production, I don't love a couple of the synth sounds but that's a very minor complaint. Everything else is great and your voice fits this well.

iamvdaan responds:

Thanks platypus, good constructive feedback. I'm always finding ways to improve on electronic instrumentation. :)

The Deal - Preview The Deal - Preview

I have to agree with daggerpro. I think that posting previews is sort of pointless. I did it for a long time on things like soundcloud and it doesn't get you anywhere. I can definitely understand wanting to share but that's better kept with friends if I'm being honest. And it should be up to you whether or not you want to finish a track. If you're not feeling it, either leave it for a while or move on to a new track.

As for the track itself I can see potential, but I personally have a couple problems with it. The first lead sounds kind of obnoxious, more so at high volumes and I'm not a fan of the melody it's playing. I also think the bass is a bit overbearing. You seem to know how to produce pretty well though. The riser is nice and what you've given us from the drop sounds fine. I don't have much to give constructive criticism on with what's here. I'm sorry if a 2.5 is harsh but that's how I feel.

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Thanks, but this is EDM, if you say a lead is obnoxious just reduce the volume, it's not like i'm forcing you to play at max volume.
Bass isn't overbearing, it's actually just perfect in my opinion, and it gives the song the feel it needs, to be this easy to listen chill edm.

Also, the first part, I upload unfinished songs to hear if it's good or something, come on, it's so obvious you're making me really confused, when the rating is just complete 2.5 and half of the score becuase of a preview.

Why? Why not rate it for what it is? A short, preview of what i'm making, not some sort of unfinished lameass song, which seems like what you take it for (execpt lame part, that would be too salty for me)

But seriously, rate it for what it is. I don't understand how a lead is obnoxious, i absolutely love it, and don't understand what's wrong with it, for real.

Anarchy Anarchy

Not even generally a big dubstep listener, but this is fantastic. The production is incredibly good on this.

Veikyul responds:

I pride myself on my skills ;)

glad you liked it.